Now, finally, several months into this dystopian circus, media pundits and Republican Party officials are wringing their bony hands, wondering how it happened. How, they ask in their pathetic and whiny columns and commentaries, could a person like Donald Trump be on the verge of gaining the presidential nomination of a major American political party?
As if they didn’t know a single thing about the real America.
In point of fact, Donald Trump is the absolutely perfect man to represent today’s America to the world. He is a more accurate mirror of our country’s character than any major candidate for the presidency.
- He is vulgar.
- He is impressed with all the external trappings of money. He is all surface and shuns substance at every opportunity.
- He is racist, sexist and bigoted.
- He embraces greed.
- He practices a faux Christianity, without any grounding in or awareness of the foundation of the real religious tradition behind it.
- He is full of phony man-bluster, a classic limp-dick, chickenshit bully. Never engaging in any actual fighting but consistently threatening something big and severe.
- He doesn’t read, doesn’t know history, doesn’t understand government, or how things work. He is proud to demonstrate his ignorance, as Sarah Palin did on the campaign trail before him. Her endorsement spoke volumes about his suitability for the presidency, his suitability to represent us.
He is, in short, the perfect man for the job of representing America.